Search

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 19: You'll So Thank Yourself For Doing This Come Christmas

Today's idea for creating more abundance in your life is this:
organize your address book. Yes, it's a big job, but you'll be so glad you did it.

I hadn't majorly edited my address book for quite a while, so every time I'd need to look up an address quickly, I would need to be super careful about not scattering all the notes I had tucked inside the covers "to be filed away later".

While editing, some decisions were easy - get rid of any duplicates, throw away anything that's outdated. Yet other decisions - you tell me. What do you do with phone numbers and business cards of your grandparents who've passed away? (I miss you.) Throw away a card with your grandma's handwriting on it? (I didn't.)

As a result of this edit, I realized I need to stick all the wedding programs and birth announcements in a separate box. I also cannot bring myself to chuck envelopes that the kids in my life have addressed to me - seeing their handwriting just goes straight to my heart, and makes me want to be a better person. So I am open to the idea that some pages in my address book will resemble a scrap book.

I am not completely done with the "big edit", but I'm happy with the progress I've made. Now for the title of this post - from this point on, I am officially gearing up for this year's Christmas cards. Writing Christmas cards is one of my favorite traditions ever. My now much neater address book will be a pleasure to work with.

Finally, a super realistic bonus tip: snap a picture with your phone of the two or three addresses you use the most but don't know by heart. I've done this, and I look the addresses up in my phone (among the pictures) all the time.

Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais!

2 comments:

  1. Mūžīgais jautājums par to, vai atmiņas ir sirdī vai lietās. Man svarīgas abas. Paldies par šo stāstu.

    ReplyDelete