Search

Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 13: Navigate

I've mentioned before that for me, the feeling of abundance is often tied to the feeling of mastery. "I'm good at this. I've got this. I did it." Today's tip is in that vein:
When you get directions to a place, don't forget to think about how you'll get back home. It isn't always as easy as simply turning around and going back the same way you came from. See the tunnel with four lanes above, where you need to make decisions about exits.

Side note for anyone who plans on driving through Stockholm: in my limited experience, it is almost always awesome. People are very courteous and let you merge, even when you realize you need to change lanes at the very last moment. I didn't get honked at once.

I have an extra tip for you today:
if you print out the directions, and after the trip, if you think there's even the slightest chance you'll need to drive to that place again, save the directions in the glove compartment of your car.

You might not remember half a year from now exactly which exit you needed to take, or you'll need to drive there when it's pitch black out and you can't see many landmarks, or your GPS, or the internet in your phone might not work properly. "Worst case" scenario, you'll have some scrap paper to write your grocery list on, or you'll be able to jot down a few ideas while stuck in the car with nothing else for entertainment.

Are you new here? I am so happy to see you! Here is the first post in this series, 31 Days to More Abundance.
Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nothing like big cities here. People drive with such ferocity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my impression of most big cities, too. Not Stockholm! :)

      Delete