Search

Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 10: Beauty for All

Next time you're driving in a roundabout, or waiting by an entrance to a mall, or when you're in any other public outdoor space, notice this -
what trees, plants, and flowers are planted there.

To me, public greenery is an art form. I love to imagine how maybe there are meetings to decide what flowers to use (probably can't use plants that are too expensive, or require very much care), what colors, how the flowerbed is going to evolve from spring to autumn, etc.

And all this beauty, it's free for us to take in. Notice, it's all around you.

Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, such a refreshing post and what great perspective! I love to think about who tends to these beds... someone does but I never see anyone. They're like little elves in the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I've seen people plant the beds, but never tend to them - magic! :)

      Delete